Jarif Ahmed Rumman
LLB (UoL), PGDL (City University, London)
LLM (City University, London)
Barrister-at-Law (Lincoln’s Inn)
Jarif Ahmed obtained his LL.B. (Hons) degree from University of London (UOL) in 2012 and was called to the Bar of England and Wales from Honorable Society of Lincoln’s Inn in July 2014, completing his Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) and LL.M. from City University London.
Mr Ahmed specializes in intellectual property law, employment law, land law, banking law and corporate transaction matters. He has developed considerable expertise in providing litigation support and research support to firm’s senior partners. He routinely liaises with state regulators and government departments and keeps the firm up-to-date with practical and procedural matters of law and regulations. He also assists the firm with drafting and vetting of legal documents, providing legal opinions, maintaining liaison with clients, formulating and aligning policy matters, and risk management.
Mr Ahmed’s work is also acknowledged in Legal Circle Law Reports (LCLR), which is a quarterly law report in Bangladesh, and in Think Legal Bangladesh- www.thinklegalbangladesh.com, which is one of the first comprehensive free legal resource websites in Bangladesh.
Business Incorporation/ Registration
- Advised on formation of foreign, joint venture and local businesses and liaison offices at the Registrar of Joint Stock (RJSC) and Bangladesh Investment Development Authority (BIDA).
- Advised both employers and employees in wrongful termination claims and disciplinary matters.
- Advisory, drafting/review and registering Gratuity and Provident Funds in light of Bangladesh labour and tax laws.
- Review of employee handbook, confidentially and non-disclosure agreements and policies.
- Acted as a Legal Secretary in a landmark Arbitration case, where the Sole Arbitrator is Mr. Justice Md. Tafazzul Islam, Former Chief Justice of Bangladesh.
- Advised clients in participating tender of mobile number portability Service (MNPS) conducted by Bangladesh Telecommunication and Regulatory Commission (BTRC) and supply of electrical meter and other equipment called by BREB, BPDB, DESCO etc.
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
- Advised BD Venture Limited, a venture capital firm in its investment in Edtech startup, Eshosikhi.com.
- Sub-Editor of LCLR (Legal Circle Law Reports), a quarterly law report.
- Co-Author of Bangladesh Chapter of “LexisNexis Company Law Guide 2017-2018”, published by Lexis-Nexis (a reputed international legal publication company).
- Co-Author of Bangladesh Section of “The Employment Law Review“, 8th Edition, published by Law Business Research Ltd. (a reputed international legal publication company).
- Spokesperson of “Is Your Startup Legal”, published by Hifi Public. Detail of the publication can be found in https://hifipublic.com/2016/11/01/is-your-startup-legal/.
SPEAKING & TRAINING ENGAGEMENTS:
Acted as a 'Coach’ at the first ‘Dhaka Meetup’ organised by OPEN Accelerator (OPEN), and provided entrepreneurs with 1 and 1 support in technical/legal areas such as structuring the business entity of the entrepreneurs keeping in mind their business needs as well as the investors requirements. Detail of the program can be found in http://www.open-accelerator.org.
In addition, firms aim to hire students who demonstrate initiative and strong communication skills, can process a great deal of information quickly, are a good goodmenproject.com/education-2/impressing-the-admissions-committee-6-techniques-that-work-best fit with the company`s culture and are willing to put in long hours.